Hotel Quelle Nature Spa Resort, located in South Tyrol’s charming Casies Valley near several renowned attractions in the Dolomites, is a wellness spa and resort with several coveted industry accolades including the 2019 Trivago Award as the best 5-star hotel in Italy. Our review of Hotel Quelle shares how we spent our time unwinding in novel ways, embarking on unforgettable adventures and dining in delectable splendor.
Here are our top tips and pointers for getting the most out of your stay at Hotel Quelle:
- Arrive 15 minutes early for the scheduled sauna infusions (Aufguss) to make sure you get a seat where you wish. Also, consider sitting next to the door if you’re concerned the heat may be too intense.
- Take the advice of Hotel Quelle’s sommelier, Akos Joo, and allow him to surprise you with a unique wine. With 10,000 bottles in the hotel cellar, there is surely one you have not tried before.
- Go on a tour of the Spa World as soon as possible during your stay. This will ensure you do not wander aimlessly looking for the right experience.
- Participate in the group hiking excursions such as the weekly hike to the Hotel Quelle’s Uwald chalet. Beyond the joy of immersing yourself in natural beauty, you’ll have fun getting to know the other guests.
- Be brave. Relax in the Snow Sauna and walk the Kneipp path in the Vital Garden. You’ll be surprised at how reinvigorating both can be.
- Sleep with your balcony door cracked open. This will ensure the sound of waterfalls become your nightly lullaby.
- Don’t forget to glance up from your bed at night. A galaxy of soft glowing stars will make your evening even more romantic.
- Review the activities board in the reception area at the beginning of your stay to make sure you’re aware of what is available to you everyday.
- Browse the spa treatments on Hotel Quelle’s website before arriving so you can book your treatments right away. A tablet in your room makes scheduling an appointment a simple matter of pointing and clicking.
- Download the Hotel Quelle app to your phone to easily view outdoor activities available and huts nearby.
- For dinner and breakfast you will sit at the same assigned table during your stay. During lunch you can sit in other areas. We recommend the sitting area by the infinity sport pool so you can soak in the landscaping, fountains and outdoor decor.
- If you are unsure on how much time to spend at Hotel Quelle, always opt for longer. With so many activities, treatments and experiences available, you’ll leave wishing you had more time.
- For a more private retreat and wellness experience, consider booking an apartment in Hotel Quelle’s new Chalet Salena.
- We stayed during autumn, but if you’re pining for a winter holiday the location of Hotel Quelle makes it perfect for snow-filled adventures in South Tyrol.
If you’re looking for more information on vacationing in South Tyrol, then access travel guides, planning checklists, money-savings tips and more through our free South Tyrol Travel Resource Library. See you on the sunny side of the Alps!